What's already happening?
- After-school tutoring
- Free counseling on campus
- Free medical services on campus
- Academic enrichment opportunities
- Parent Resource Center on campus
- Student leadership opportunities
What else is coming?
- Free dental services on campus
- Free vision services on campus
- Food pantry on campus
- Heritage celebrations
- And more
Student Leadership Council
The Evans Community School Student Leadership Council represents the variety of opinions and interests of Evans High School students and provides valuable input and feedback for the on-going molding and implementation of student programs and services within Evans Community School.
The Student Leadership Council’s goal is to assist in providing the highest quality and most meaningful community school experience for the students of Evans High School by
- serving as liaison between the Evans student and feeder youth population and Evans Community School leadership
- providing Evans Community School leadership with feedback and input from Evans students and feeder students in the on-going development, planning, and implementation of student programs and initiatives at Evans Community School
- assisting with educator, parent and Pine Hills community outreach efforts as needed
- serving the Evans High School student population and community by volunteering in Evans Community School for service hours
- assisting in the facilitation of focus groups with feeder middle school students at least one time per year
Student Leadership Council Officers
Student Leadership Council members appoint a vice chair, secretary, treasurer and historian. Learn more about these positions at SLC Job Descriptions. In addition, two council members are chosen to serve on the Evans Community School Partnership Cabinet.
Ms. Curtesa Vanderpool, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students interested in joining the Student Leadership Council must exhibit leadership qualities, maintain a C average in every class, be a model of good behavior, and have a passion to serve Evans High School students and community through Evans Community School efforts. To apply for membership, follow the instructions on the SLC Student Application.
The Student Leadership Council meets two times a month, on Tuesdays from 2:30 to 4:00p.m., in the LRC. See this year’s schedule at 2016-17 SLC Meeting Dates.